We look forward to welcoming you to our dynamic members network. EACH is the place you can come for help and support. However, your experience and expertise also makes it possible for us to advocate excellence in healthcare communication, and your contribution to the larger conversation is vital to the work we do. Becoming a member of EACH makes you part of a movement for change that will benefit you, whilst improving the health care experiences of many.
Why join EACH?
As a member of each you have access to the following benefits:
International networking opportunities
[Click here to view map of National Representatives]
Privileged access to the members area of the EACH website including:
FREE access to a library of teaching and research resources.
FREE access to search and connect with people working in teaching, research and/or policy in healthcare communication.
Opportunity to join one of our committees:
Opportunity to join or create a Special Interest Group
Reduced registration fees
Reduced membership fees
We have now also secured the following unique privileges from Elsevier who publish Patient Education and Counseling (PEC):
- Access to special supplementary online content available only to EACH members.
- Access to PEC on any mobile device.
- When you submit a manuscript to PEC and identify yourself as an EACH member:
- Special fast tracking through the peer-review process.
- If published in PEC, the article will receive special promotion online and in social media.
- If you submit an article and choose to publish it “open access,” you will receive a $1,000 discount (33%) off the full article processing charge.
We really hope this package of benefits will be attractive to you: we are still negotiating a package of additional benefits for Elsevier resources with discounts for other books and journals.
Following feedback from our members the EACH membership now offers:
- Value for money– A rolling membership, ensuring you benefit from a full year regardless of when you join
- Longevity of membership– 10% discount to members who wish to sign up for 2 years
- Lower membership fee options– Lower fees for undergraduate students and members over 65 years of age
- Institutional membership* –20% discount for institutions registering 5 or more members
- Membership grants– A limited number of grants (up to 50% discount on fees) are available. Further details about eligibility & how to apply will be published in the near future.
* Institutional membership is a group membership option for employees or students from the same institution or organisation. All members in the group still receive the same benefits as an individual member, including event discounts. One lead person should create the membership and will be able to add a minimum of 5 additional colleagues to the group.
N.B. Institutional membership must be selected at the point of becoming a member or renewing membership. We regret it is not possible to change your membership category to join an institutional group part way through your annual membership.
|Normal membership – including hard copy and online access to the Journal Patient Education & Counseling||£130 one year|
£234 two year**
|Online membership – including online access to the Journal Patient Education Counseling||£110 one year|
£198 two year**
|PhD Student full membership***- including hard copy and online access to the Journal Patient Education & Counseling||£110 one year|
£198 two year**
|PhD Student online membership*** – including online access to the Journal Patient Education Counseling||£100 one year|
£180 two year**
|Undergraduate membership*** – including online access to the Journal Patient Education Counseling||£80 one year|
£140 two year**
|Over 65 membership – including online access to the Journal Patient Education Counseling||£80 one year|
£140 two year**
|Institutional full membership – including hard copy and online access to the Journal Patient Education Counseling for 5 members||£500 for 5 members for one year|
+£100 per addl full member thereafter
+£85 per addl PhD Student member thereafter
+£70 per addl undergraduate or over 65 member thereafter
|Institutional online membership – including online access to the Journal Patient Education Counseling for 5 members||£420 for 5 members for one year|
+£85 per additional online member thereafter
+£75 per additional PhD Student member thereafter
+£70 per additional undergraduate or over 65 member thereafter
Terms & conditions
** Two year membership must be selected at the point of becoming a member or renewing membership in order to receive the discount
*** To qualify for the reduced fee associated with being a student, you will be asked to email a scanned certification of your student status signed by your academic affiliation within 4 weeks from the payment date. If this is not received, you will have to pay the normal membership fee or your membership will be rescinded. The certification will have to be provided with each successive annual subscription.
Please note that membership fees are non-refundable.
If you have any concerns or queries about becoming a member, please email us before registering.