Healthcare communication research: Interdisciplinary and international
Evidence produced by high-quality research is vital to ensure good communication is used effectively
to deliver the best healthcare outcomes for all health service users and staff.
The scope of healthcare communication research is broad.
It encompasses work such as observing communication in practice and studying implications for health outcomes,
developing communication skills training, patient-involvement in intervention design, and the use
of communication across different mediums, including face-to-face, written and digital technologies.
What rEACH offers
Over the years, we have worked to realise the goals of rEACH through:
- Organising the biennial rEACH summer school for early-career researchers in the field of healthcare communication to expand their research skills, enhance their network, and develop their current research projects
- Creating a searchable tools database for communication coding tools to measure communication in healthcare settings
- Delivering workshops and training on research methodology and new trends in health care communication research
- Supporting groups of researchers working on similar topics to connect and collaborate
- Assisting with the organisation of EACH events, arranging conference symposia on healthcare communication research for ICCH and the EACH Forum (previously the EACH Summer Event).
Within rEACH, we consistently work on a number of projects in order to improve and expand the benefits that we offer to the healthcare communication research community.
Please click here to learn more about our current work.
How to get involved with rEACH
Do you have ideas on how to promote
healthcare communication research?
Do you want to help create useful
resources for researchers?
Are you looking to expand your network of
researchers in the healthcare communication field?
Are you interested in collaborating with
a group of highly motivated researchers?
Sign up for
Don’t miss out on the benefits that EACH has to offer. As an EACH member, you can make use of the helpful EACH tools and resources and get special access to courses and events.