Welcome to pEACH. Our mission, since 2015, has been to ensure that the high quality of healthcare for our communities is underpinned by equally high-quality policy and clinical practice informed by existing evidence regarding healthcare communication.
As the most recently established sub-committee of EACH, we are working to expand our network of healthcare communication policy and practice experts and establish new ways to support our community.
What pEACH offers
pEACH’s role is to:
- drive meaningful culture change
- translate current academic evidence into mainstream health practice. We do this by:
- informing key stakeholders and the academic community that generate healthcare communication evidence
- speaking to the clinical workforce in a way that is relevant to their everyday clinical context & practice.
pEACH’s action strategy is aimed at:
- utilising evidence to develop specific action plans that can effectively translate existing evidence to organisation’s structures and processes
- developing a range of robust outcome measures that will show the impact of such initiatives and encourage investment in healthcare communication.
Within pEACH, we are working on a number of projects in order to improve and expand the support and expertise that we offer to the healthcare communication community.
How to get involved with pEACH
Here are different ways in which you can contribute to pEACH… and get something in return!
If you have implemented evidence on healthcare communication in your healthcare facility, share your experience with us: learn about people who have realized similar projects, contribute to our growing database and learn from others’ experiences.
If you find that one of our projects suits your expertise and meets your interests, get in touch with us. You will find networking and learning opportunities in an international group with big ambitions!
- Lessons from implementation: effective implementation feeds on successful processes. We are designing pathways through which successfully completed implementation projects can become shared knowledge and learning opportunities for our whole community. Get in touch with our Project Leader Jette Ammentorp to know more!
- Evidence snapshots: at the heart of implementation is shared knowledge and goal alignment. With this project, we are creating a collection of ‘ready-to-use’ descriptions of fundamental topics in healthcare communication that can help academics create common ground with non-academic stakeholders. Get in touch with our Project Leader Conor Gilligan to know more see completed topics!
- Policy documents: EACH aims to be a partner for policy-makers. We are devising a strategy and processes to effectively collaborate in the design of policies concerning the role and quality of communication in healthcare. We are doing this by collecting relevant policy documents, responding to them, and producing our own. Get in touch with our Project Leader Edgard Eeckman to know more!
What we expect of pEACH members
To be an eligible member of the pEACH Committee we ask that you:
- have an active EACH membership
- join and contribute to one of the projects within pEACH
- attend at least one of the pEACH meetings per year (Once a year, members of the pEACH committee come together in person to further advance the aims of pEACH)