Free conference places available for EACH members – please email EACH UK National Representative Andy Ward email@example.com for an offer code that will be valid until 29th March.
The Stoneygate Centre for Empathic Healthcare at Leicester Medical School in the UK aims to develop interventions that increase and maintain the empathy of medical students (and eventually all health professionals) for the benefit of patients.
As a member of EACH, you are invited to the launch of the Centre, which is taking place as an in-person event on Wednesday 26th April in Leicester. The event is free to EACH members – please email EACH UK National Representative Andy Ward firstname.lastname@example.org for an offer code that will be valid until 29th March.
We really hope you can join us on this exciting occasion. There is a great programme which I’m sure you will find very interesting:
Date: Wednesday 26 April 2023
Venue: Sir Bob Burgess Building, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE2 7TF. UK.
Pre-launch conference, 12pm – 5pm
The pre-launch conference will include plenary lectures from Professor Nisha Dogra (who gave a plenary at the ICCH in Glasgow) and Professor Jeremy Howick, with a choice of seven innovative workshops presented by experts in the field:
- Communicating effectively with inclusion health populations (Symposium)
• If you were to get worse… Goals of care conversations in acute healthcare settings (Workshop)
• Obesity medicine – how a systemic lack of empathy has stopped evidence-based care, and how we are fixing it (Workshop)
• Increasing student empathy through patient involvement in medical education (Workshop)
• Anger and Empathy: A delicate, yet potentially positive and powerful, partnership! (Workshop)
• Fostering empathy through creative arts (Workshop)
• Challenges for researching empathy in healthcare (Workshop)
Official launch, 5pm – 7.30pm
The official launch will include a keynote speech by Professor Sir Jonathan Van-Tam and a discussion on the role of empathy within the NHS with panellists Professor Sue Carr, Professor Sir Mayur Lakhani, Dr Ronx Ikharia, and Jono Broad.
Cost and Registration:
FREE to EACH Members with offer code if booked by 29th March. Normal cost: £80
FREE but places are limited so book early using offer code to avoid disappointment.
We look forward to celebrating the launch of this visionary new centre with you and your colleagues! If you have any questions, please get in touch: email@example.com
Andy Ward (UK Representative of EACH) and the rest of the Stoneygate Centre for Empathic Healthcare team.
Date/Time 26 Apr 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 7:30 pm