Member Fee: £695 Non Member Fee: £780
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND PLEASE EMAIL REGISTRATION@SASEVENTS.CO.UK TO GO ON THE WAITING LIST OR ATTEND A FUTURE COURSE
“How to Teach” Course
This two day, non-residential course will be highly interactive, participant-centred and experiential. It will be facilitated by experienced teachers from the teaching committee of EACH: International Association of Communication in Healthcare. Feedback from previous courses has been extremely positive.
Who Should Attend
The course is directed towards teachers of health professionals (for example medical students, nurses, physiotherapists, doctors) and we would encourage teachers with a variety of experience of experiential learning to apply.the course will be held in English and as much as possible will accommodate participants for whom English is not their first language.
The focus will be on how to teach, especially facilitation of small groups, rather than what to teach or how to develop a curriculum. As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- apply educational theory to designing effective communication skills training;
- describe key components of effective experiential communication skills training sessions;
- use role play, video, small groups and simulated patients to enhance learner communication skills;
- structure feedback to enhance learning in communication training sessions:
- and describe strategies for managing large and small group dynamics in communication training sessions.
The facilitators are
Jane Ege Møller
Non member £780
Please note that annual membership of EACH is available for £80 for graduates, £100 for PHd students and £110 for full members. More details available here.
Exact timings will be confirmed