Early career EACH
The Early career EACH network aims to connect and support all early career individuals within EACH whether they are researchers, educators or clinicians.
In 2008, rEACH invited a group of early career investigators to a pre-conference workshop in Oslo to present interests, current projects, and future ideas of collaborative work. The meeting was a success and in the years after, several other early career research groups were formed during Summer Schools and pre-conference workshops. The benefits of a supportive environment within EACH, where early career investigators can connect with colleagues and work on ideas together, led to the development of the Early career EACH network in May 2013, with the support of rEACH. Today, Early career EACH is no longer exclusive to researchers, but open to all early career individuals in the field of healthcare communication.
Early career EACH Network aims
- To stimulate networking between early career individuals in the field of healthcare communication who are located in different institutions and countries.
- To promote a friendly and supportive environment where members can share ideas and receive constructive feedback.
- To foster collaboration between early career individuals at different institutions and countries.
- To facilitate the interaction between early career and more experienced members of EACH, both for mentoring and to transfer vision and expertise within the organization.
- The Early career EACH network is open to any active member of EACH who is within ten years of starting their academic research and/or teaching career within healthcare communication.
- To create a platform that connects and supports early career teachers, policy makers, clinicians and researchers within and beyond EACH.
The goals behind our aims are to learn from each other (improving our knowledge and skills) and to provide opportunities for (future) collaboration.
Which members of EACH might be interested in joining and what they might get out of it
Any members of EACH that are early in their career that would like to connect to other like-minded early career individuals across teaching, policy making, practice and research. This space allows for resource sharing, networking and peer support.
What might be expected of members in non-committee roles
- Voluntary attendance at webinars
- Sharing any resources they found useful on social media
- Sharing ideas for future events (social or academic)
Officers/core group members
Current core committee group:
Song Duimel, Cheyenne Topf, Wiebke Frerichs, Sara Gilani, Maxime Etenaille, Melanie de Looper, Reed Bratches, Emmanuel Oladipo, India Pinker, Thomas Wieringa
Who to contact for more information and/or to join
Contact co-chairs for more information or to join:
India Pinker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Wieringa: email@example.com
Also, do not forget so sign up for our Facebook group: Young EACH network. Anyone can join our Early career EACH Facebook group.