EACH have partnered with Glasgow Convention Bureau to offer accommodation in Glasgow. Glasgow Convention Bureau are an official accommodation provider and have negotiated discounted rates with a wide range of hotels for varying budgets, especially for ICCH attendees.
Booking accommodation through Glasgow Convention Bureau offers:
- Flexible bookings – book now and pay at the hotel
- Cancel an individual booking up until 48 hours prior without penalty
- Range of hotels for different budgets
- Hotels within walking distance of the Glasgow Caledonian University
Accommodation will be sold on a first come, first served basis and the published rates will be available until 25 July 2022. Book now to avoid disappointment and secure your discounted rate!
Location: Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Rd, Glasgow, G4 0BA
The location for ICCH 2022 is Glasgow Caledonian, one of the most modern universities in Scotland. It is ideally positioned in the heart of the city centre:
- 20 minute walk from Glasgow Central Train Station
- Glasgow Airport is 30 minutes from the University by taxi
- Bus link from airport to bus station (200 yards from GCAL)
Glasgow Caledonian University is located in Glasgow, a vibrant and compact city with plenty to offer delegates. The city has a range of cultural attractions including many museums and art galleries, such as the stunning Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and the award-winning Riverside Museum. Visitors can explore the works of artist and architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, walk the city centre Art Mural Trail or take a stroll through one of the many parks and green spaces. Glasgow is a UNESCO City of Music with over 150 live music events per week, plus a full calendar of other exciting events and festivals throughout the year. The food and drink scene offers something for everyone, from traditional whisky pubs to fine dining. Delegates can look forward to a warm welcome in a city voted ‘world’s friendliest city’ by Rough Guides.
Please visit the Convention Bureau website for details.
Getting Around the City
Glasgow is a very compact city and easy to get around on foot. Most delegates will be able to walk from their hotel to the convention centre or any social events.
The city has a very extensive and efficient public transport system and offers rail travel passes for delegates.
Glasgow’s cycle hire scheme, OvoBikes, is a cost effective, green and healthy way for delegates to get around the city. Bikes are available to hire from various locations around the city.
Taxis in Glasgow are cost effective and easily accessible.
Getting to Glasgow
Glasgow is easy to reach, whether you’re based in the UK or further afield. The city is served by three international airports and boasts the largest rail network in the UK outside of London.
- 3 international airports: Glasgow Airport, Edinburgh Airport and Glasgow Prestwick
- Daily Emirates flight from Dubai – with connections for Asia, Africa & Australasia
- Great worldwide connections via daily flights from London to Glasgow Airport
- Glasgow Airport is just 15 minutes from the city centre
- Glasgow has two major train stations, Glasgow Central serving the South and Glasgow
- Queen Street serving Edinburgh and the North. Both stations are located in the heart of the city
- Daily direct trains from London – average journey time is just over 4 hours