Call for COVID-19 submissions – NEW opportunity to present
The COVID-19 pandemic is heavily impacting the world, and in particular has affected healthcare systems and communication. By the Autumn, many of you will have been working on new methods, strategies and areas of research. We would like you to share these recent developments with the wider community and are therefore opening the call for orals and posters related to COVID-19 topics, to be included in our online conference this September.
Please note that abstracts will be considered if they include at least preliminary evaluation or outcome data. Research and intervention plans with no data will not be accepted. Due to time constraints, submissions will be limited to one per author.
Areas of interest include:
- Infectious disease communication
- Mass/public communication
- Strategies for discussing infectious disease
- Health Equity, Social Justice and Health Disparities during COVID-19
- How clinicians and health systems have maintained relationship-centred care
- Impact of health technology on patient-provider communication
- Implementation of telehealth visits
- Virtual teaching of communication skills
- Communication with relatives/healthcare providers
- Mental health/Psychosocial communication support/Psychotherapy
- Communication & social distancing
- Impact of COVID-19 on shared decisions
- Other health communication topics relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic
We welcome submissions from all stages of careers. Please click here for the detailed submissions guidelines for all categories.