We are pleased to share a video series on contextualizing care produced by Dr. Saul J. Weiner, who gave a plenary address about this work at our 2020 meeting. This engaging “fireside chat” series is designed for both clinicians and researchers interested in the topic, which has a strong foundation of research evidence.
The first couple of videos cover the basics:
- What is patient life context (and contextual error)?
- The 4 steps to contextualizing care .
- The second two focus on the research evidence.
- the fifth one takes a closer look at our 4C coding system for measuring contextualization of care.
- the last one compares contextualization of care with attention to social determinants of health.